Eligibility: As of September 2021, only students enrolled at Wando High School are currently eligible to play with Wando Rugby Football Club. We are currently working on options to expand our membership into other schools.
Registering with Wando Rugby Football club consists of two parts.
1) Registering with USA Rugby / USA Youth & High School Rugby ($25 fee + processing)
2) Registering with Wando Rugby Football Club for a particular season of play (currently Fall 7s registration is open with a fee of $100 fee + processing)
More details about both registration steps below ...
1) USA Youth & High School Rugby is an affiliate of USA Rugby and it is the sanctioned governing body for all youth rugby in the United States and its Territories. This includes community and school based programs for players ages 5 – 18. You must register with USA Youth & High School Rugby every year that you play youth or high school rugby (on or about September 1). Registration expires every year on August 31. This registration fee covers the cost of insurance that those governing bodies make available to all US rugby players - including you. You will not have to pay the USA Youth & High School registration fee again for the 15s season.
USA Youth & High School Registration instructions:
* The direct link to register with USA Youth & High School Rugby and associate your membership with Wando Rugby Football Club is here: https://usarugby.sportsmanager.ie/sportlomo/registration/member-registration/club/8404
* Choose "High School Player".
* Click the "Register" button.
* If you registered last year, then enter your email and password (use the "Forgot Password" link if necessary). Log In and then renew your membership.
* If you did not register last year, then click the link to "Sign up here" and create an account. Once you login, ensure that you select "High School Player" as the type of registration, enter all required information and make payment ($25 + processing fee) using your credit card.
2) Register for Wando Rugby Club 7s Season
Boy and Girls 7s practice began Thursday, 9/2/21 and continues every Tuesday and Thursday from 5-7pm at Cario Middle School field. In addition to practice, the season will consist of the following tournaments scheduled on these Saturdays in October:
Saturday, October 2nd (Clayton)
Saturday, October 16th (Charlotte)
Saturday, October 30th (Northeast Park-Gibsonville)
This 7s mini-season requires registration with Wando Rugby through the following link: https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/285130. You will need to have your completed forms in pdf format (see the forms in the "What you can be doing now" section below). The Wando Rugby 7s season registration fee of $100 + processing can be paid via credit card during the registration; there is an option to mail-in a check if that works better for you. (You will need to pay an additional fee later for the 15s season if you continue into the 15s season.)
Rugby is an inclusive sport and Wando Rugby strongly believes that no one should ever be turned away from the sport due to financial constraints. If you want to play, but are not able to pay the fee at this time, please complete this fee waiver request.
Get fit(ter). You will never regret being in better shape - especially for 7s.
Physical Form. Get your sports physical. A new physical is required every year. It must be dated after April 1, 2021 for the upcoming school year and it must be on this form. A health care professional's signature is required.
History form. Athlete and parent's signature is required.
Permission form. Athlete and parent's signature is required.
Concussion information sheet form. Athlete and parent's signature required on the bottom of the last page.
Covid assumption of risk form. Parent's signature is required.
Medical consent form. Parent's signature and 1 witness required.
Pre-existing condition form. This form is required only if you have a pre-existing condition that puts you at high risk of COVID. Health care professional's signature required.
Once you have completed and signed all forms above, scan them to pdf files. If you don't have a scanner, consider using the free Adobe Scan app (available on iOS and Android) to scan them with your phone. Save these files until you are able to upload them during your online registration with Wando Rugby.
Where: Cario Middle School Field
When: Tuesdays and Thursdays
5:00-7:00pm (for both the girls and boys teams)